Translate

Friday, July 26, 2013

More things to do with Sashay yarn.

What to do with extra Sashay yarn?  Here's my idea, make a Sashay wreath. 

Here's the directions:

1.Sashay wreath of your choice.
2. 1 wreath (mine is about 8 inches round)
3. T Pins
4. yarn for loop tie





The Sashay yarn was crocheted. (Youtube.com has directions on how to crochet Sashay yarn)
Why did I crochet it? Because it leaves a chain and it worked out perfectly for this craft.
It isn't wrapped over and over. With a Tpin wrap the Sashay wreath clockwise around and around starting on one side pinning as you go. This is wrapped 3 times in a clockwise matter. It will fill all the wreath but leaving the back opened. 
If you decide to purchase a bigger wreath you may need to use 2 crocheted or knitted Sashay yarn. 
Questions? ask me. I'll be glad to answer. 

2 comments:

  1. So you just lay it on foam circle and pin it on? Would it be possible to crochet it onto a smaller diameter circle? How about hot glue instead of pins, would that work better?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My opinion I think pins would work better. If you hot glue the yarn it is permanent. With pins you can take it off and pin another one on. I did pin it on a foam circle. I laid it flat and started pinning it around. Yeah it is possible to wrap it with a small diameter circle. It could be fuller and/or you may be able to wrap it around the wreath. I'll take a picture to get you started.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. I certainly appreciate it.